November 10th 2016 – StarTimes Media has today announced the introduction of four new entertainment channels on its platform with a key focus on documentary and Pan-Africa content.
The four include National Geographic Wild, National Geographic channel both of which will feature extraordinary tales from the natural world that ignite passion for the world’s wildest animals as well as premium science, adventure and exploration for the Kenyan subscribers.
Other channels include Fox Life and Star Bollywood Africa which will feature Pan African content focused on aspirational, entertaining and compelling local and international drama, telenovelas and reality shows. Star Bollywood Africa will offer internationally acclaimed back to back Indian movies and drama with English subtitles.
The company has also announced plans to roll out open week from 12th to 20th November where Kenyan subscribers on StarTimes free to air, terrestrial and satellite pay television service will enjoy a week long free access to select premium channels including the four new channels.
Commenting on this latest development, StarTimes Vice President for Marketing Mr. Mark Lisboa noted that subscribers are increasingly becoming astute in the kind of programming availed to them with the new channels offering incisive exploration, adventure and entertainment for the whole family viewing.
“The introduction of these new channels will go a long way in boosting the education and knowledge sharing content for our subscribers. This has coincided with the open week running between 12th to 20th November enabling every household including those with the StarTimes free to air decoders to sample our enriched content at no cost.” said Mr. Lisboa.
Other channels that will be available during the open week include IDX, World Football, ST Movies, Sports Premium and ST Series E1. The brand continues to offer relevant and competitive programming at the same affordable subscription fees from as low as Ksh 259 for Nyota and Ksh 1,499 for the Unique/ Super package.
About the new channels…
1. Nat Geo.
- Nat Geo Wild features exclusive fresh documentaries done in Kenya’s Maasai Mara and other big African Wild life sanctuaries.
- A premium wild life documentary channel with extraordinary tales from the natural world that ignite passion for the world’s wildest animals in the most of exhilarating of places.
- Ranked number 1 in Africa based on viewership and popularity.(Documentary category)
- Internationally re-known narrators and commentators with unforgettable imagery that reveals the astonishing beauty and complexity of Mother Nature.
2. National Geographic Channel
- National Geographic Channel is a special classification documentaries channel that has a bias in History and Science documentaries.
- Nat Geo Channel will keep subscribers entertained and informed on various historical topics ranging from War, Colonization of Africa, Global warming etc.
- The channel features award winning commentators/presenters who create extra humor and excitement in documentaries
3. Fox Life
- Fox Life content composition is New and exclusive Series including Empire Season 3, The Pitch etc.
- Will also feature Pan African content focused on aspirational, entertaining and compelling local drama
- Catch a wide array of blockbuster movies straight from Hollywood.
- Cutting edge programming and presentation, every viewer is destined to find exciting entertainment on Fox Life channel
The channel has 1,000 new hours per year delivering the best of Indian movies and drama. The channel will have 3 subtitles languages that subscribers can choose from (English, French and Chinese) and 7 audios that as well you can choose from (Original Hindi, English, French, Swahili, Luganda, Yoruba and Portuguese)